Real Estate Legal Assistant
Houston, TX 77055 US
- Review and analyze legal documents such as home purchases, leases, reciprocal easement agreements, operating agreements, covenants, conditions and restriction agreements, partnership agreements, loan documents, and other similar contracts, including for analysis of restrictive covenants such as those governing land use, building heights, permissible building areas, required access ways, etc.
- Preparation of research result summary memo and result chart in consultation with assigned attorney and developer
- Maintain the computerized file database and track all critical and procedural leads and deals for Leasing Department.
- Prepare initial drafts of commonly used form documents, including purchase, sale, and lease agreements, ground leases, big-box leases, covenants, conditions and restriction agreements, estoppel letters, lease exhibits, and closing documents in close consultation.
- Review title encumbrances and land survey items. Review, respond to, and assist in the resolution of title and survey objections as they arise
- Prepare reports covering various items as requested by attorneys, auditors, partners, and lenders. Complete other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3 -5 years of legal experience is preferred, but not required.
- Paralegal experience is a huge plus
- Real Estate/Title experience and knowledge of legal procedures preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact at a professional level with all forms of communication
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Knowledge of corporate entities and business organizations is helpful
- Prior in-house corporate legal experience helpful
- Excellent opportunity to prove yourself in this role.
- Possible temp to hire for the right fit
- Direct Hire
- Weekly Pay Periods