Houston North, TX
Direct Hire opportunity for client in NW Houston.
Procures materials, components, supplies, and equipment at favorable cost, consistent with quality and schedules.
Investigates and recommends sources of supply and purchases through contractual arrangements to affect cost savings.
Work with Materials Manager on inventory levels and records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Place purchase orders for stock/non-stock items for sales orders. -
- Monitor inventory stock and perform cycle counts; coordinate annual inventory with Materials Manager. -
- Expedite all open orders to ensure purchased product is delivered on time; identify any changes in dates.
- Process received product packing lists in the M1 Computer System.
- Participate in weekly production meetings.
- Evaluate vendors with the Operations Manager or Materials Manager
- Negotiate prices, develop price lists, source new vendors as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree preferable.
- Five to ten years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment is ideal and/or related work experience.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.