Patient Account Representative Commercial
Houston, TX 77081 US
- Utilizing payor websites to get information on eligibility, EOBs, claim status, and online inquiries. Including Avidity, Aetna, Cigna, Human, WellCare, Tricare, United Healthcare, Amerigroup,
- Ensuring that work queues are worked daily and monitoring follow-up activities
- Reporting payment variances, claim rejections, or payor reimbursement issues
- Researching daily and reviewing EOBS, Ras and correspondence from payors
- Monitoring account reimbursement daily
- Updating patient demographic, insurance and other patient information
- Applying appropriate adjustments on accounts that require additional contractual adjustments or a write-off.
- Reviewing patient accounts to determine the next collection action, whether negotiating payment arrangement or discount, proceeding with legal action, or conducting additional insurance follow-up
- Researching denied claims and determining the appropriate course of action to resolve account balances through EPIC Account work queues
- Identifies issues creating denials and works with associated departments to prevent future denials.
- Previous patient account representative experience in a medical or hospital setting
- EPIC Software experience
- EOBs, claims, eligibility
- Understanding of major insurance carriers like Aetna, BCBS, WellCare, TriCare, etc.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or proof of an approved exemption.
- Eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K, direct deposit
- Weekly pay periods
- Direct Deposit offered
- Possible Temp To Hire Opportunity
About Resource Staffing