Medical Coder [Certified]
Houston, TX 77054 US
- Review and accurately code office and hospital procedures for reimbursement.
- Reviews of claim line details to support the Risk Adjustment and HEDIS programs and work with Risk Adjustment and HEDIS vendors
- Coordinate the appropriateness of diagnosis and procedure codes found in administrative and medical claims
- Review data elements to support the submissions for Risk Adjustment and HEDIS
- Review and validate the accuracy of identified in suspecting and RADV audit medical records, and develop reports of findings and recommendations for the Risk Adjustment and HEDIS team.
- 3 years experience in hospital healthcare coding in the medical industry
- Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Clinical documentation improvement experience is required.
- Certified Coder or Medical Billing and Coding certification is a huge plus. Acute care and hospital outpatient coding environment experience and Risk adjustment coding methodology experience preferred
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- required Medical Terminology, Research, MS Word, MS Excel
- Advanced Training Specialty: AHIMA/AAPC Certified Coder, Medical Billing and Coding certification
- Flexible, Can Work Overtime
- Medical coding expertise (CPT, ICD9/10 CM/PCS, HCPCS) in a hospital setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid Knowledge of Medicaid and Commercial coding practices
- Must be able to show proof of COVID vaccinations
- Temp to Hire Opportunity
- Weekly Pay Periods
- Gain excellent experience working for a major Houston medical hospital organization