Logistics Specialist - 2nd shift
Laredo, TX 78045 US
- Support new and existing customer accounts to foster business development.
- Provide prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable service to all internal and external customers.
- Identify and communicate business opportunities into the sales organization (through the Sales Support department).
- Oversee order creation, load procurement, negotiation, freight tendering, and problem resolution.
- Update customers regarding shipments as required via phone, email, and web-based channels.
- Identify customer needs and facilitate communication with owner operators or outside agents to provide the most cost-effective means of shipment execution.
- Provide a high level of accuracy in order documentation.
- Understand unique freight handling characteristics and delivery requirements to allow contractors to operate in a safety-oriented environment.
- Assist contractors in obtaining shipment critical information (directions, pick up numbers, tow-related services, etc.) via phone and email communication.
- Monitor shipments from order entry through delivery to ensure on time performance is met.
- Suggest improvements to business processes and procedures when applicable to benefit the corporate goals as well as key stakeholders.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Collaborative - Ability to work with others to find solutions.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate with economy and clarity, actively engaging the conversation in order to clearly understand others’ message and intent, and receives and processes feedback.
- Communication, Written - Ability to write concise, clear letters, reports, articles, or e-mails, including proofing and editing.
- Customer Oriented - Desire to serve both external and internal customers by focusing effort of meeting the clients’ needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to be structured and methodical in working skills. Pays meticulous attention to all aspects of a situation or task, no matter how small or seemingly unimportant.
- Initiative - Ability to act and take steps to solve or settle an issue.
- Interpersonal - Ability to develop and maintain relationships with others.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Time Management - Ability to prioritize and utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.