Houston, TX 77006 US
Important: All applicants must complete the assessment. Please click on the link to begin.
- This is an invitation from Resource Staffing to take our Accounting Assessments
- Please visit the following link: Nonprofit Assessment Link
- The assessment will begin only after you've logged in and read the instructions.
- Before you begin the assessment, please verify your settings by clicking on the "Check Your System Settings" button on the assessment Login page.
- Verify the accuracy of receipts, invoices, and other documents or records submitted for checks request (for all cost centers) every week
- Create vouchers for direct assistance and reimbursement check requests and submit vouchers and supporting documents to the account payable (A/P) department
- Collect checks from the A/P department, verify check numbers, clients, and payment information, and disbursement of the checks and reconciliation.
- Collect vouchers from Case Managers, review them, make copies, and submit them online.
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports (monthly vouchers report, FROST credit report, rent and utility expenses report, etc.) and reconcile.
- Attend meetings with other service providers, participate in staff retreats, United Way tours, agency fairs, and speaking engagements, assisting with special organizational projects/events.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience as an accounting clerk or bookkeeper
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Knowledge and experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, or Access)
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple deadlines concurrently.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential client information.
- Proven accounting experience, preferably in accounts payable, familiar with book-keeping, basic accounting procedures, basic math skills, and hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Customer Service Etiquette
- Pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Successful candidates must also provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or proof of an approved exemption
- Weekly pay periods
- Direct Deposit options
- Free Parking
- Located right off a major freeway for easy access
- Great temp to Hire opportunity
- Medical/dental/401K, PTO